Saturday, November 22, 2008

Christmas Post Delayed

I usually have all my Christmas decorations out by now, but my attention has been diverted (I know I know that's an easy feat these days). I have been inspired by a couple of wonderful bloggers, ie...Nester @ Nesting Place and Donna @ The Decorated House. Both of these lovely ladies have "Ribbon Chests"!! What are these you might ask???, well they are lovely creative storage solutions to house your ribbon and fabric dilemmas. In my very first blog entry I posted of my love for ribbon, well I have ribbon in my office/craft room, in the closet in my office/craft room, in my baskets in my living room, bedroom and yes...my laundry room. Oh...and every available apothecary jar I own..he he.

Well after Donna gave us a sneak peek into her studio. and posted a picture of this That gave me the inspiration I needed to seek to find a chest of my very own to house my many many ribbons and fabric samples.

Then a few short weeks ago Nester posted pics of her oh so cute studio, creative mess and all...I loved it!!

I was now on the hunt full throttle for my chest. Well where do you go, you might ask, to hunt for a chest to house your finest ribbons, well...to your best local antique dealer of course. But not to his shop, which has some of the most precious and affordable I might add antiques I have ever laid eyes on, but to his warehouse a couple of miles up the road. There you will find many treasures just waiting to be cleaned up and sent to some sweet home. I walked in, told Mr. Antiquie Man what I was looking for and he took me right to not one, but three pieces he thought fit my description...Whohoo!! I measured with my trusty measuring tape and told him to hold two of them and I would be back on Saturday to make a my purchase. Well, that was Tuesday and of course I couldn't let my pretty girl sit in that mean old cold warehouse all alone for four more days now could I?? So I call Mr. Antiquie Man on Thursday morning and told him I would meet him over at the shop to pick my baby up. Both pieces were perfectly suited for my purpose, however the one I choose was just the right size. Ok Ok I'll shut up now..here's a teaser pic.




Check back for before and after pictures this week...Oh and pictures of my Christmas decorations.
Blessings
Lisa

7 comments:

Susie Harris said...

Oh those are a must in every house. I too have one full to the brim. I couldnt function well without it. Hope you show yours~

Bre said...

Wow, I'd love to have a drawer of ribbon like that ....in fact any drawer in my house that looked like that would be cool.

But I think I'm kind of organizationally challenged LOL.

What a fun project...looking for a chest to store your pretties in.
The one you found looks identical to one I have in my bedroom that's waiting to be painted except mine is a desk. I loved its' bones.

Are you painting it or adding your ribbons right away. Can't wait to see it !

Bre

Nancy said...

Oh, I can't wait to see it! I have been looking too for a ribbon chest! Can't to see you Christmas decor.

Diane@A Picture is Worth.... said...

I need a ribbon chest! But guess my night stand will have to do!

Pretty Organizer said...

I can already tell I'm gonna LOVE that dresser girl! Just the drawer pulls alone are fab! Can't wait to see the after pictures!

What a fun blog! You've got a lot of heart in your site and I love it! I'll be checking back again to see that chest. I have one of my own that I've been putting off finishing... now I'm inspired to tackle the project!

Rhoda @ Southern Hospitality said...

Thanks for stopping by, Lisa. What a great thing to do for yourself. Love the idea of a storage piece like that, but I'm not a ribbon-holic like some of you, so I don't really need one. Both those ladies have some great ideas.

I'll come back & see the after & looking forward to your Christmas decor. I'm getting mine out this weekend.

Laurie - Decorating Fanatic said...

Oh how lucky you are to have an antique's dealer with a WAREHOUSE full of stuff. We've got three tiny little stores in our town and I'd say more "curbside" than "antique" inventory! Nothing wrong with curbside if that's where you find it, but to have to pay for it - no thanks! :) I am sure your ribbon chest will be beautiful and functional! Can't wait to see it! ~ Laurie