Tuesday, January 20, 2009

A Long Awaited Day



Today is a day of rejoicing and praise to the Lord for He heard the many crys and prayers of His people and He answered. I just want to say Thank You Lord for you are worthy to be praised. I can't explain or put into words how much He means to me. I am truly humbled by how steadfast He is and how merciful He is to such a one as I. Witnessing such an event as the Inauguration of the First Black President of the United States, a day that many feared we could never achieve, but our Lord said "YES WE CAN".
Blessings
Lisa

4 comments:

Chocolate Covered Daydreams said...

You expressed my sentiments exactly. It's funny that I'm sitting here at work, trying to contain the emotions and excitement but I'm so thankful to God that I can witness this day in history!

I'm a new follower and love your blog.

Raggedy Girl said...

Thank you for stopping by with a comment. I would never have thought in my lifetime that something as wonderful as this could happen.
Roberta Anne

Belle (from Life of a...) said...

Amen....It was a wonderful wonderful day!

The Antiques Diva™ said...

Amen! Days like today make you proud to be an American!