Wednesday, January 14, 2009

My attempt at Organization

I've been reading many bloggers blogs this past week and the resounding voice is of "ORGANIZATION". I for one love having everything in it's rightful place where I can go look and find...easy piezy...right??? Welllll I decided to start in the room I spend the bulk of my time, my office/studio.

My "Sweet Girl" gave me a bookcase, which was much needed I might add, for my birthday in August. I gave it a couple of coats of black paint and removed one of the lower shelves for better display. I love it. I may add some trim around the edges one day, but right now it serves a purpose.

The apothocary jars hold my overflow of ribbow and trims and the beautiful blue box on top holds my many paint chips I refer to on a regular basis.
I found those green leather boxes at Stein Mart many years ago and they house my tassels. I also have repurposed that huge corbel many times over the years. I decided this time to paint it and give it a bronze glaze. I think it turned out pretty good. I'll try to post pictures of the the before and after later. I used an easy paint tecnique. Well that's it for now. I'm currently working on another area of my humble abode. I'll post about that later.

**Also, Diane @A Picture Is Worth A Thousand Words is have a "Trash to Treasure" post. I found that acorn in the bookcase above at a local consignment shop for a couple of dollars. A few coats of paint and that baby is all mine;0)
Blessings
Lisa

2 comments:

The Antiques Diva™ said...

Hi Lisa,
Great "attempt" - I love "hiding things" in plain view. I keep my scrapbooking supplies in vintage suitcases which double as an impromptu coffee table in my living room when hosting extra guests/and needing more space to set glasses. January is indeed the time of year to get organized! Good Luck!
Best,
The Antiques Diva

Cami @ Creating Myself said...

Lisa, you won the Nell Hill book for my 100th post giveaway. Contact me via email on my blog profile & let me know where to send it. Congrats!