Thursday, August 13, 2009

{Ignorance}



.
{ig·no·rance}
n. The condition of being uneducated, unaware, or uninformed.


It's 2009 and there are still those among us who would rather listen to hearsay than gain information directly from the source in order to have a better understanding and awareness of what is factual.

I received an email today from The White House regarding Health Insurance Reform. In it we were provided with a clear and concise Q&A on ALL the issues surrounding this subject, in it they were also forced to challenge all the false information showing up on the internet and yes....even in the newspapers. I signed up last year to receive emails directly from The White House because I want to be aware of the decisions that are being made about me and my family, that way I am truly informed. When I sit down to write a post or discuss anything regarding our Country and the direction we are going in, I can base my understanding on ACTUAL FACTS that are given in PRINT and can be referred back to if necessary.

It is no secret that I support The President and all that he is trying to do for our country; however just as we are told in The Bible, we need to refer to The Word and study to show ourselves approved. {II Timothy 2:14Keep reminding them of these things. Warn them before God against quarreling about words; it is of no value, and only ruins those who listen. 15Do your best to present yourself to God as one approved, a workman who does not need to be ashamed and who correctly handles the word of truth. 16Avoid godless chatter, because those who indulge in it will become more and more ungodly. 17Their teaching will spread like gangrene.} In understanding that, I feel I would be remiss if I did not refer to and study what is TRULY being said and done, before judging and commenting on any of the issues at hand. It's that simple.

I believe many allow their feelings for someone {President Obama} to guide their thoughts and words. Those that truly concern me are the ones who claim to be Christians yet they slander him at every turn. {Proverbs 13:13 He who scorns instruction will pay for it, but he who respects a command is rewarded. 14 The teaching of the wise is a fountain of life, turning a man from the snares of death. 15 Good understanding wins favor, but the way of the unfaithful is hard. 16 Every prudent man acts out of knowledge, but a fool exposes his folly.} Regardless of how we feel about our leader, we have to base our decisions and understanding on FACT. Again, it's that simple.

The reason why I love blogging so much, is that it gives ANYONE a platform and a voice where we are allowed to say exactly how we feel about any given subject; however it's really sad when there are those of us who use it to spread malicious and sometimes very damaging lies. Be careful of your words. Think about how what you are about to say could possibly affect EVERYONE involved, whether it be about someone you know {family members, friends} or even those you only read about in magazines and see on television. Your mere words could really hurt someone's career, bring shame and cause pain to those that are in their family and cause damage to their self esteem. Words are very powerful. {Proverbs 13:3 He who guards his lips guards his life, but he who speaks rashly will come to ruin.}

Many of us have heard our entire lives the eighteenth-century proverb, derived from an English Poet "Ignorance is bliss".....Ignorance is just that Ignorance. {Ephesians 4:18They are darkened in their understanding and separated from the life of God because of the ignorance that is in them due to the hardening of their hearts.}

Please take time to read the FACTS about the propossed Health Insurance Reform for yourself at the following link www.WhiteHouse.gov/realitycheck
That way you too can be informed.

Blessings

Lisa

4 comments:

LIBERTY POST EDITOR said...

What a wonderful, well-written and thought-provoking post. I will check out the link and share it with my readers. LPxo

Sandy-LA 90034 said...

You've highlighted some of the issues I've thought about lately and put them into words. Thanks!

ThePoliticalCat said...

You're a very lovely and rational lady, and may I congratulate you on an excellent post. My friend Sandy told me to come here, and I'm glad she did, and glad I took her advice. You're welcome to visit my blog anytime, although I think you might find my language a mite offensive. But, as you point out, the purpose of blogging is to have a platform to express one's stance. Thanks for a well-written post. I intend to link to it in today's post about health and health care.

Sandy-LA 90034 said...

Hi again, Lisa!

Thanks for posting a comment at my blog. It's causing me to think about going back to posting (have been absent quite awhile!). It's been so long since I wrote anything, I couldn't remember how to put a link to your lovely post on my blog.

I love to read everyone else's blogs, but haven't yet mastered the technicalities of my own.

Thanks again!