Thursday, August 6, 2009

Isn't She Lovely

Head on over to Kimba's for DIY Thursday.....I'm a little late ;)

I found a pair of these beautiful 60's French Country end tables at a local antique shop and knew they would be a perfect fit next to my Craigslist Ikea two cushion sofa. The sofa is on a small scale and sits kinda low, which I love, so all the end tables I kept seeing in the furniture stores were just a tad bit too tall and cumbersome to place next it.

When I happened upon these beauties I knew they would make a perfect fit.

Can you believe I actually thought about painting over the marble pieces that fit in the center of each table, but once I got them home and cleaned them up I realized just how beautiful that marble really was.

After giving them a few coats of black satin paint, and a clear coat of poly to protect them from scratches. I think they turned out beautiful. What do you think?


Lisa

2 comments:

Kristi said...

They are fabulous! I've got to start shopping Craig's list. Incredible job!

Wendy said...

Gorgeous! I would love to find some little tables like that. :)