Saturday, September 5, 2009

{Viva La France}

I have a passion for french furniture. I love the curve of the legs, the detail in the hardware and not to mention how well vintage french furniture holds up, this piece was made in the 1960's. The marble inset on top of the table is simply beautiful. Can you believe I actually thought about painting it. I wasn't sure if leaving it as it is would fit in with the style of my home.

Well...there was no need to worry. I love it! The soft gray veining in the marble top blends perfectly with the color of the table. This room is really coming together.

I'm still trying to decide what accessories work best. I'll post more soon.

Lisa

3 comments:

Songbirdtiff said...

Very pretty! I love that you kept the marble top. It looks great with that adorable lamp. :)

Debbie at the Shabby Bungalow said...

I think that looks lovely exactly as it is and I like the accessories you have put on it. Thanks for popping by my blog.

The Liberty Belle said...

So glad you decided not to paint it! It's lovely.